The Right Coast

December 17, 2005
 
And while you're at it, you can kiss my Presidential
By Tom Smith

You get the idea. I am trying to comport myself in a manner more consistent with my professorial dignity. In any event, great speech by Bush. The NSA intercept program is legal, highly classified, and necessary to protect us from attacks like that which killed 3,000 Americans on 9/11. The leaks that revealed the program were illegal, and reports of the program damage our national security. So thanks again, New York Times! I sure hope the next time you have the chance to report on a legal, highly classified anti-terrorist intelligence operation, you don't pass it up. Everyone has the right to know, even those darn terrorist cells operating in the US. They must be some of the Times's most loyal readers. However, I do not question their patriotism.