The Right Coast

June 29, 2005
 
Migraine Headaches
By Gail Heriot

Oh dear! It looks like my fellow Right Coasters and I have been maintaining radio silence yesterday and today. Sorry. I at least will endeavor to correspond on a more regular basis. But not today. My excuse is that I have a migraine headache--something I am afflicted with from time to time. When I get one, it usually lasts about two and a half days.

My doctor tried to flatter me about them last year. He said they are especially common among tall, smart women. I don't know if he's right, but somehow it wouldn't make me feel any happier even if he is. What does make me feel is little better is the hope that magnesium supplements will help. I had been dutifully taking them for the last couple of months, but then I forgot for a while. I won't forget again.