The Right Coast

November 23, 2003
 
David Brooks has sex?
By Tom Smith

There are some things I prefer not to think about. David Brooks having sex is one of them. His having multiple partners in one year, even more so. Just to make sure, I asked a certain lady with whom I am on close terms, but who prefers to remain anonymous, this question: "Does David Brooks having sex make you feel a little queasy?" She said "Yes. O God yes. Thanks for that visual."

Brooks says having sex with several partners within a one year period amounts to spiritual suicide. Trying to have sex with several partners in one year and failing might work too. I guess if you wanted to get it over with quickly you could have sex with several partners all at once.

Mark Shields can have sex, and even smoke a cigarette afterwards. Jim Lehrer, well, I'm sure he committed spiritual suicide years ago. Margaret Warner, well, I am not going to discuss ladies in this post. But David Brooks. No. For all of us, it is a topic he should avoid.