The Right Coast

July 17, 2005
Harry Potter VI
By Mike Rappaport

Having purchased the sixth book Friday night at midnight, it has been impossible for me to look at it until late Saturday night, since my son has spent the entire day reading it. Apparently, this is going on throughout the world. My son is nearly finished, and has gone out, so I finally have my chance.

The first chapter of the Potter books is always some type of recapitulation of past books, but this was the most charming of the recapituations yet. Quite fun. And the second chapter starts things off very quickly, with intrigue and double agents, and great character development.

I am really looking forward to reading it. I know the Harry Potter stories are just children's books, but the fifth and (probably) sixth books are much more sophisticated.