The Right Coast

October 01, 2004
 
Bush's Errors
By Mike Rappaport

While I support George Bush's relection, I certainly don't think his administration has been free of errors, even regarding the War on Terror. My main criticisms of Bush, however, are that he is not been tough enough. For similar views, take a look at this Richard Brookheiser column listing ten errors. (Hat tip: Instapundit). In my view, Bush's main error in Iraq has been the failure to take Fallujah from the beginning. While Andrew Sullivan has been way too criticial of the President recently, he is right about one thing: "This president has a reputation for toughness and resolution. Yet at arguably the most critical moment in this war, he gave in. He was for taking Fallujah before he was against it. I cannot believe the situation is beyond rescue."