The Right Coast

July 18, 2004
 
Political Correctness
By Mike Rappaport

Imagine that one of the airlines on September 11 had questioned three of the five terrorists on a particular flight who were planning to hijack the plane. Good thing? Apparently not, in the upside down world of the Transportation Department. It appears that government rules prohibit airlines from selecting "more than two people of the same ethnic persuasion . . . for extra security procedures." I can only hope that Patterico is misinterpreting this policy.

Now if the Democrats want to beat up on the Bush Administration for failing to guard against terrorism by implementing this policy, I would be all behind them. When they complain about the policy, I might even begin to think they are a real alternative in November. I'm not holding my breath, though.